This cultural capital and heritage city, and one of the oldest living cities of the world, has been continuously inhabited since ca. 1000 BCE. The present city has evolved mostly from the 18th century. Varanasi is truly remarkable for its architectural, artistic and religious significance and contributions to Indian culture. Its prowess as a destination for many travellers from all walks of life is drawn from its living traditions of faith, rituals, festivals, traditional and ancient forms of worship, education, music, dance, handicrafts and art forms that have been handed down by generations.
Capturing the photogenic moments presented by the city to its visitors with artistic finesse is not a feat that can be accomplished by everyone easily. This experience is for those who will lovingly seize those breath-taking visuals which the city presents… in different parts of the day… in its lights and shadows…in different seasons. For it, Varanasi is the proverbial enigma… which confounds and delights with its fusion of the spiritual and temporal world.
Why you will love it
- Led by a professional photographer and storyteller, who has been capturing Varanasi for 12 years now and is a visiting faculty at the prestigious Banaras Hindu University
- Learn how to compose that amazing photograph – portrait, or street photography.
- Understand how to use light to your advantage
- Get live constructive feedback on your photographs
- Understand the cultural nuances to help you photograph India better!
What you will experience
Join us as we discuss the rules of Framing, Composition, Light and Spotting; and then the methods of breaking them one by one to render unique photographs! Leading the walk is Anupam, a Professional Photographer who has taught Photography in the esteemed Banaras Hindu University and has been clicking Varanasi for 18 years now! You do not need a fancy DSLR to join this tour – even a good phone camera can suffice. But do bring lots of enthusiasm, and be ready to step outside your comfort zone to capture your perfect Varanasi memory.